|Process Chemical Engineer
Our client, an Industrial Manufacturing Company based in Drogheda, are seeking to hire a Process Chemical Engineer to provide technical support, guidance and direction to production, maintenance and quality departments.
This role requires a strong technical background to interact with various departments at all stages of the production process both as hands-on and also in technical support / specialist role. This position also requires flexibility and availability as demanded by the needs of the Project thus after hours and weekend interaction may be required.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Chemical Engineer Degree
- 3+ years in department/industry sector
- Knowledge of Process Improvement.
- MS Office skills
- Strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Market and customer orientation
- Result orientation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Ideally you will have:
- 3+ years in construction sector or relevant industry
- Good knowledge of Contractor Management
- Knowledge of SAP and PEMAC.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma
- Continuous Improvement and Project Management skills
- Business acumen & proven technical skills
- Leadership skills
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Process performance including heat transfer applications, material/mass balances and process design
- Resolving manufacturing problems and implementation of improvement programs.
- Preparation and maintenance of documented manuals/processes.
- Directing contractors on specific jobs or projects.
- Assisting with kiln overhauls, project start-ups and commissioning.
- Routine reporting and analysis of plant performance.
- Wet end (precipitation) operation and optimisation
- Process investigations arising from shift issues
- Production Team Leader and CCRO Support
- Reporting on overall plant performance
- Automation improvments / suggestions
- Deputising for Process Manager
- Assisting senior engineers and managers with projects and process improvements assignments.
- Project work emanating from identified process improvements
- Ensuring plant efficiency: optimization in Gas, Coke, Electricity and water use
- Monitoring and improving Kiln Performance and Quality control issues
- Ensuring optimum quality and throughputs production by effective process management
- Assisting in management of Internal and External Quality Audits
- Ensuring High Standards in all areas of Safety
- Implementing best Health & Safety standards and procedures across all departments.
- Carrying out all company safety procedures e.g. Pre-job safety meeting, blue book Risk assessments, isolation and permits etc.
- Environmental engineering and performance monitoring
- Assisting Process Manager in ensuring the Operation of the plant is in full compliance with EPA plant license
Interested candidates please forward a copy of your details for the attention of Sandra Brennan