|A Mechanical Design Engineer is wanted to join a dynamic company made up of people with a passion for technical excellence and innovation, based in Co. Sligo. This company design and build world class automation products and cater to the Medical Device, Automotive and Electronic sectors and have many major multinational clients in an impressive portfolio. They are committed to providing high quality products and you will be working on demanding projects that are technically challenging in a work environment that nourishes innovation.
What’s on Offer?
This is a permanent position with a company that is going through an expansion phase. This is an opportunity to work on exciting and challenging projects and create world class equipment.
- Work closely with design team to develop innovative concepts from customer requirements
- 3D Design of Mechatronic equipment including mechanisms; transfer systems, servo systems, robotics, pneumatics, electrical equipment and machine guarding systems
- Involvement at the build and de-bug stage to ensure designs meet performance specifications.
- Give guidance and direction to machine build technicians to help them realise designs and ensure that the customer end goals are being achieved.
- Design and implement process improvements for existing automation equipment
- Prepare detailed tooling drawings and pneumatic schematics
- Liaise with suppliers for component procurement
- Liaise with customers on requirement specifications and project deliverables
- Prepare detailed safety risk assessments and FMEAs
- Development of machine documentation to meet EU standards
- Meeting project delivery deadlines
- Work within technical team and communicate daily on job specification and issues etc.
- Responsibility for quality, commissioning and safety of designs completed
- Educated to degree level in a mechanical engineering discipline
- 5 years’ experience working in a highly-automated manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in working on large automation projects with responsibility for design sign off, installation and commissioning
- Experienced in machine design
- Record of implementing significant process improvements on automation
- Should have a good knowledge of the principles of GAMP, 5S, SMED, and Kaizen
- Strong experience using 3D CAD applications e.g. SolidWorks
- Project management experience advantageous
- Proven track record in delivering solutions
- Current driving licence and able to travel as required (although role is mainly office based)