|What’s on Offer?
We currently have a vacancy for a Controls Engineer with a dynamic company made up of people with a passion for technical excellence and innovation. This company design and build world class automation products and cater to the Medical Device, Automotive and Electronic sectors and have many major multinational clients in an impressive portfolio. They are committed to providing high quality products and you will be working on demanding projects that are technically challenging in a work environment that nourishes innovation.
What’s on Offer?
This is a permanent position and based in Sligo with a company that is going through an expansion phase. This is an opportunity to work on exciting and challenging projects and create world class machines.
- Research and implementation of new control technologies
- Participate in team to develop concepts and specifications for equipment
- Develop design of control systems for automated equipment (PLC, servo systems, vision, field-bus etc)
- Co-ordinate and manage controls elements of build and debug of equipment
- Responsible for completing controls aspects of projects within the schedule and budget
- Liaising with customers on requirement specifications and project deliverables
- Develop relationships with suppliers for equipment/component procurement.
- Responsibility for quality, commissioning and safety of controls systems
- Excellent communication skills are vital as the candidate will have to work/lead with in a technical team and be expected to communicate on job specification and issues etc. that are occurring on a day to day basis.
- Give guidance and direction to more junior staff to help them realise designs and ensure that the customer end goals are being achieved.
- Development of machine documentation to meet EU standards
- Meeting project delivery deadlines
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Min 5 years relevant experience working on machine control systems
- Ability to program AB Control Logix, Siemens S7
- Familiar with configuring common machine networks & drive systems
- Experience with robotics desirable (ABB, Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Epson)
- Experience of machine vision (Cognex, Keyence)
- Willing to take ownership,
- Self-starter with good attention to detail
- Project management experience advantageous
- Proven track record in delivering solutions
- Current driving license and able to travel as required