| Our client a leading Irish building contractor with a proven track record managing construction projects in commercial/office, residential, industrial, healthcare, fit-out and refurbishment sectors.
Due to their current level of activity they are currently seeking to recruit a Site Manager to join their team based in the Greater Dublin area.
The Site Manager is the most senior production position on a site and is responsible for all construction activities, supervision of general and finishing foremen, achieving production and quality targets by bringing to bear an in-depth knowledge of building practices, trades and procedures.
He/she works with the Contracts or project Manager to ensure that commercial targets are met. He is responsible for employee/industrial relations on site and as required, for dealing with the general public and other third parties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effective management of health, safety, quality and environmental systems and procedures. Assists the project Manager in compiling and signing off on the Site Safety Plan.
- Works with the Project or Contracts Manager to manage projects to programme and provide feedback on performance versus plan.
- Manages the establishment of the site set up in line with commercial targets, the site set up plans ensuring that access and egress controls are in place, site security, hoarding, logistics management including deliveries (the effective receipt, checking and storage of materials) and traffic management, without recourse to costly modifications.
- Presents and maintains a strong public image of the Company.
- Works with the Contracts/Project manager to finalise the construction programme including effective and complete weathering, the plant and equipment programmes and the effective sequencing of the finishing trades to maximise quality and minimise reworking.
- Design and check the adequacy of temporary shuttering works in conjunction with the relevant subcontractor.
- Ensure compliance with quality requirements including establishing control standards, inspection, verifying and timely execution of remedial actions, as required.
- Monitors overhead resources with emphasis on overhead labour, plant, site set-up and other overheads.
- Manages work flows and information between site and various head office departments, including timesheets, material requisitions and labour allocations.
- Impose a self-snagging regime on all subcontractors.
If you would like to apply for this position you can contact Aileen in the strictest of confidence on +353949029944 or you can forward your CV to email@example.com
- Responsible for managing the decanting from a site to ensure that site accommodation, site records and temporary services are maintained in good order.