Our Client have become a leading player within the Irish Construction Industry, providing complete Architectural Steel & Mechanical and Electrical services, they operate on a national scale to small and medium sized client companies. The role of Senior Quantity Surveyor will be Office based in Cork City.
Role and Responsibilities of the Senior Quantity Surveyor :
- The Quantity Surveyor position is permanent.
- Develop cost-effective design layouts based on construction specifications and requirements.
- Adhere to established design guidelines and procedures.
- Analyze design issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Determine construction cost and material estimates based on designs.
- Perform field surveys and investigations to prepare engineering drawings.
- Review project plan and determine the design feasibilities and constraints.
- Use latest software and technologies to develop effective designs.
- Maintain accurate design files for reference purposes.
- Consider health, safety and environmental requirements when developing civil designs.
- Manage design projects within allotted timelines and budgets.
- Perform design changes and improvements according to changing project demands.
- Stay abreast with latest developments with civil design fields.
- Provide assistance to design and construction team
- The role will be involved in all phases of the project, including tender documentation, cost management, contractor performance assessment, and procurement.
- Assisting in the management the cost management function throughout all phases of a project.
- Preparation of tender documentation.
- Liaison with procurement function.
- Report writing and interpretation.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Level 8 Degree in Quantity Surveying .
- Must have 5+years previous experience in Steel Frame Structures and/or Mechanical & Eletrical Quantity Surveying
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated and ability to manage own work.
Should you have the required background and skills required for this role
Please send your CV to Padraic at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 087 925 9990 for a confidential conversation chat