Quantity Surveyor required for Leinster region to work for an emerging and growing Medium Sized main contractor. The right candidate will have previous main contracting experience
- Liaising with clients from initial enquiries through to final accounts.
- Preparation of commercial plans.
- Cost Control / Management of Projects.
- Experience of pricing and preparing Tenders
- Preparing measures and works packages for procurement and valuation purposes.
- Actively work with Project Managers relating to contract variations.
- Negotiating and purchasing of Sub-Contracts, subsequent account management and final agreement.
- Final Account negotiations etc.
- Dealing with clients/engineers/contractors.
- Closely monitor and process project variations.
- Prepare reports including cost reports and cash flow forecasts
- Issuing tender queries and preparation of tender reports
- Preparing progress applications and cost reports
- Attend project and subcontractor meetings
- Identify, assess and manage commercial/contractual risks
- Ensure contract documents and their revisions are effectively managed
- Reporting to management on the financial progression of projects
- Ensure effective records are kept of the works as they progress
- Monitor project costs against budgets, identify problems/opportunities and recommend /implement change where necessary
Necessary Requirements and Skills:
- 3rd level Qualification in Quantity Surveying / Construction economics
- A proven track record of quantity surveying
- Proficient in the Use of Build-Soft
- Strong IT Skills in MS Excel, Project, Word (Autocad Desirable but not essential)
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail
- Have gained good experience working on building projects in Ireland or the UK.
- Preferably a good solid background with an established main contractor
- Good presentation skills
- Strong written communication abilities are also essential
- This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter, highly motivated individual, within a dynamic, ambitious and Fast Growing company.
Please send your cv to Clodagh at email@example.com call 01-456 9899 for a confidential conversation.