QUANTITY SURVEYOR, BUILD & CIVILS - DERBY
Entered: 25 Sept 2018
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Our client is one of the leading suppliers of RC frame, precast concrete and groundworks to the construction sector across the UK and Ireland , in addition to supplying other more general sectors of the construction market. As a result of continued growth and larger contract size, our client is increasingly winning orders on NEC supply agreement and subcontract formats. They are now seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join the team.
The position is a key role and as such our client is only looking for applicants who are looking for a full time perm role and will not consider freelancers at this time..
- Comprehensive experience in civil engineering contracting, ideally with knowledge of rc frame, concrete and groundworks as well as additional supply/install packages
- knowledge of and experience in dealing with NEC contract form
- Ability to run commercial management of multiple projects, including
o Variation/compensation events
o Disputes and resolution, with proven experience in successful outcomes
o Contract correspondence
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written
- High degree of competence in excel, MS Project
- Ability to read and understand drawings and technical details
- Team worker, with strong leadership skills