Quantity Surveyor (All Levels)
Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Kazakhstan.
Our client is a leading contractor who specialises in delivery of quality Engineering, Procurement & Construction solutions for Mechanical, Electrical,Instrumentation & Communication work on projects in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Energy, Industrial Plants, Infrastructure, etc,
They currently have openings for Quantity Surveyors worldwide, including Middle East & Kazakhstan.
Areas of Responsibility
- Review Scope of Work for every prospected project as per Documents and Drawings given by the Client.
- Attend Pre-Bid Clarification Meeting prior to Bid preparation.
- Review Bid Documents and Technical Specification required for every materials/equipment and general requirements needed for the project.
- Originate Request for Quotation for Materials or Equipment required for the project as per the given Specification by the Client. Originate Technical Clarification with regards to the project prior to Material Take-Off preparation and Construction Cost Preparation.
- Visit site condition in preparation for materials and project estimates consideration.
- Prepare Material Take-Off/Quantity for the whole project.
- Originate Manpower and Equipment line-up for the project based on the computed man-hours and project work activities.
- Prepare price worksheet for the Labor, Materials, Equipment, Consumables, Direct and Indirect Cost and any other pay item necessary for the complete pricing of the project prior to Final Bid Price.
- Prepare Technical and Commercial Proposal required by the Client as per the given Bid Documents.
- Originate Final Price Estimate (Commercial Proposal) for the whole project and any related documents required prior to Bid Closing Date.
- Prepare general requirements and material submittals required by the clients prior to final submittal of proposal.
- Assist in the procurement and ordering materials
- Prepare interim and final valuations for sub-contractor accounts
- Prepare monthly cost reports
- The Quantity Surveyor will report directly into the Engineering and Proposals Manager and/or Group Commercial Risk Manager.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of business environment
- Commercial Awareness
- Planning and administration skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Influencing and persuasion skills
- Carrying out feasibility studies.
- Cost control & cost benefit analysis.
- Risk analysis evaluations.
- Advising on legal issues and representing clients in disputes.
- Drawing up contracts with vendors.
- Negotiating the cost of projects. / Contract negotiation skills
- Experience in Contract Management (GCCC, FIDIC, NEC, Bespoke Forms of Contract)
- Degree (Hons) Quantity Surveying or related discipline (with Electrical knowledge)
- Graduate, Junior, Intermediate, and Senior roles available across various locations.
- Be fully computer literate with good level of proficiency in MS word, Excel, outlook, etc.
- Chartered status is preferable, but not essential.
To register your interest please send CV in Word to email@example.com or call +353 (0)1 632 1200 for more.