|Top Recruitment is recruiting for a talented and accomplished Project QS on behalf of a main contractor who is a leading player in the Irish construction industry. This role is based in the midlands. The ideal candidate will have 4 years' experience minimum.
- Prepare and evaluate construction and development tenders from information provided by architects, engineers and other design consultants and negotiate and award contracts to successful proponents.
- Liaising with the contracts manager and reporting to the Construction Director.
- Attend site meetings regularly and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Assist in the preparation of initial budgets and cost plans
- Manage, administer and co-ordinate all types of construction and development projects, including contracts and sub-contracts, construction progress schedules, cost control systems, and work measurements.
- Monitoring works packages against budget, assessing variation claims and preparing reports for Client
- Develop and maintain relationships with Client Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations on behalf of the client
- Be responsible for the timely production of appropriate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of the contract.
- Provide commercial advice to the site team, and management on all contractual issues
- Attend and provide input to relevant customer/client commercial meetings
- Provide input to contracts with client's representatives
- Provide and control strategy of commercial contracts with client's representatives.
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects.
- Final account preparations at the end of the project
Skills & Experience required for the role:
- Have a surveying degree
- Hold a full clean drivers licence
- Strong negotiation skills
- Be an excellent record keeper
- Good computer skills and be fully fluent in Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Project
- Possess 4 years’ experience in a similar role
For further information with regard to the above role Please contact James at Top Recruitment Ltd for a private discussion