|Professional Quantity Surveyor
Vacancy Ref. 01016
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by a local client to recruit a Professional Quantity Surveyor for a position based in Kerry.
- Prepare and evaluate construction and development tenders from information provided by architects, engineers and other design consultants and negotiate and award contracts to successful proponents;
- Manage, administer and co-ordinate all types of construction and development projects, including contracts and sub-contracts, construction progress schedules, cost control systems, and work measurements;
- Prepare, submit and manage progress invoices, valuation of changes and finalize contracts;
- Provide advice on construction cost and strategic planning to prospective owners, architects, engineers and public authorities;
- Prepare and interpret tender documents, specifications, general conditions, and other parts and forms of contracts;
- Prepare and submit estimates for construction and development work;
- Provide commercial advice and support to construction and development project works;
- Conduct or participate in arbitration and court hearings;
- Research, negotiate and support dispute resolution activities;
- Functions of a Construction Estimator Certified professional.
Please contact Ian Murphy on 085 866 6878 or send your cv in confidence to email@example.com
- Degree qualification in construction economics and or quantity surveying.
- 5 years’ experience in a quantity surveying role.
- Full Clean driving licence
- Ability to mentor and develop junior members of staff.
- Has a detailed and comprehensive knowledge of construction and construction methods, as well as the laws relating to construction projects and accounting, in order to provide cost and financial advice.