Job detail view & apply
|Acrow Recruitment Ltd
180 Templeogue Rd,
Terenure, Dublin 6W
Tel: +353 (0) 1 910 4044
Managing Quantity Surveyor
|Location: North West
Entered: 23 July 2018
|We are recruiting for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to work with a leading main contractor based in the North West of Ireland.
· Take line management responsibility for all Quantity Surveyors.
· Assisting with financial strategy at Contract Establishment stage.
· Maximise profit potential on all projects.
· Ensuring variation change opportunities are maximised on live projects.
· Ensure sub-contract buying gains are maximized.
· Identify and manage financial risk.
· Work with Senior Management on any potential disputes.
· Manage all profitability reporting, ensuring accuracy and robustness of financial reporting, with all risks and opportunities identified
· Ensure internal valuations and revenue / cash-flow forecasts are accurate and reflect realistic delivery on site, monitor and manage monthly changes, providing reports on major movements.
· Carrying out an overall financial report each month after completion of CVR reporting for internal management purposes.
· Ensure all QS’s in the business operate in accordance with agreed procedures and act appropriately towards all clients and suppliers.
· Recruit, retain and develop the Surveying team encouraging the highest standards of performance.
· Thoroughly induct all new Quantity Surveyors recruited into the business.
· Review proposed new contract conditions as required, advising on suitability and level of risk negotiating the best possible terms.
· Manage “red flag” reports, chase up outstanding issues and report progress to Senior Management.
· Actively promote the business externally and be able to articulate the company’s strategy to clients, consultants and other parties as appropriate.
· Experience within a senior surveying position reporting to either a commercial manager or director.
· Demonstrable experience in relevant forms of contract.
· Excellent verbal communication skills.
· Excellent numerical skills.
· Excellent negotiation / influencing skills.
· Good IT skills – MS Office, Excel, Project, Word etc
· Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Economics or appropriate alternative
· Demonstrable experience in line management and developing junior team members.
· Experience in disputes / claims resolution.
· Professional Membership of RICS or CIOB.
An attractive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful person.
|Apply using your CV:|