Job detail view & apply
Hoban House, Haddington Road,
Tel: 00-353-1-661 4711
Electrical Quantity Surveyors
|Location: Dublin, Ireland
Entered: 21 Jan 2018
| Since 1974 Linesight has provided professional consultancy services, management support and strategic advice to the global construction industry. From initial concept to project completion, we have been helping clients to build their business. We have developed long-lasting relationships with some of the biggest companies in the world, earning a reputation as a leader in our field.
Our organization is structured into a series of specialist service teams, each committed to helping our clients successfully achieve their objectives. We have deep domain knowledge and experience spanning a multitude of sectors including Commercial, Data Centers, Life Sciences, Healthcare, High-Tech Industrial, Hospitality, Education, Residential and Retail.
With staff located across Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the USA, our reach is truly global. Our permanent and long-established presence in these areas allows us to develop strategic partnerships, access local resources, formulate the most up-to-date market insights, and gain deep knowledge of each territory.
We are currently providing an array of Cost Management services for a high profile client in the Data Center and require a Quantity Surveyor with a strong background in estimating, tender evaluations, onsite cost controls etc. who is driven to deliver a high level of service to our client in a role that can be based on-site in west Dublin.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Provide commercial and contract support through the construction stage of the project
• Produce full bills of quantities/estimates to provide client detailed budgets
• Ensure initial cost plans are sufficient to carry out the works to be undertaken
• Perform tender analysis to ensure value for money is achieved and that the works have been procured at the best market rates
• Provide project controls support to align with the client’s needs and procedures
• Communicate effectively with other staff members, the general contractor and the client
• Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
• Experienced and capable of closing out commercial, change orders and contract issues
• Support the onsite team with cost control, cost reporting and forecasting
• Perform interim valuations to ensure subcontractor payments are correct and made in a timely manner
• Forecast and monitor cash flow/accruals to ensure a positive cash flow is maintained and liaise with client’s financial team
• Assist in the reparation and agreement of final accounts, including the handling of any claims to ensure the client gets best value from works undertaken
• Produce cost analysis feedback / lessons learnt to the client for future works
• Occasional travel overseas may be required
Desired Experience and Education:
• 5+ years’ experience, preferably in consultancy
• Major building experience; Data Center experience is desired
• The person should be a strong team player
• The ideal candidate will be results driven, self-motivated and resourceful with excellent client relationship skills
• Quantity Surveyor Qualification preferred.
• Cost X experience desirable
Application handled on employer's site