Our client, a growing building contractor, is seeking a Senior QS to join their team in Drogheda, Co Louth. This position will suit an individual who has experience in a main contracting role within the built environment. Ideally the candidate will be seeking a long-term opportunity. The initial project is a residential development, with the company gearing up for more commercial work in the near future.
- Liaising and reporting to the Managing Director.
- Liaising with the Design Team to ensure requirements and specifications are met.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Client Representatives
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects.
- Estimating and tendering for projects
- Negotiating new projects with price premiums which are cost effective.
- Subcontract purchasing and monitoring of packages on site.
- Monitoring of contra charges and notification to sub-contractors.
- Sub-contractor re-measurement, interim and final account payments.
- Final account preparations.
- Cost monitoring and reporting while attending all monthly cost reporting meetings.
- Cash flow forecasting for projects and issuing monthly reports to accounts.
- Production of monthly CVR's
- Encourage professional development
- 3rd level qualifications in Quantity Surveying or construction economics
- 7-10 years of professional experience with proven track record in dealing with Subcontractors and Clients in relation to Valuations, Variations, final accounts and cost reporting
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and other Quantity Surveying Packages (Billsoft/Cost X)
- Proven track record in Residential, Commercial & Civils Projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with emphasis on ability to provide and explain reports accurately.
- Ability to work on your own and develop the Quantity Surveying aspect of the business - this is a key requirement of this role.
- Ideal role for a Senior QS looking to move from a large main contractor to a smaller firm with a comparable & competitive salary on offer for the right candidate.