Job detail view & apply
11 Merrion Square,
Tel: +353 1 690 9724
|Location: Dublin North
Entered: 23 July 2018
|Salary: Eur100000.00 - Eur130000.00 per ann
Azon is currently looking to recruit an experienced Commercial Manager for a leading Large Main Contractor in Dublin with a Turnover of over €120mil. As part of our overall team, you will be responsible for the overall commercial management of our high profile projects. The role will be based in North Dublin.
They provide turnkey solutions to the Building and Commercial industries offering both public and private sector clients a comprehensive range of construction services.
Responsibilities as a Commercial Manager:
* Establish procedures for the Quantity surveying Functions.
* Review all the Divisional Accounts and all Financial Information before submission to the General Manager.
* Provide advice and support to those employed in the Commercial Section.
* Monitor compliance of the Quantity Surveying Section with established procedures.
* Set the timetable for submission of returns required from Quantity Surveyors.
* Ensure and monitor the timely submission of all interim valuations, final accounts, release of retention's, Q.S. returns and monitor the preparation of Sub-Contract documents.
* Review and report on the financial performance of contracts.
* Monitor actual payment against declared value.
* Review the placing of orders with Sub-Contractors.
* In conjunction with the Project QS will provide support and assistance to the Estimating Department, as required.
* Advise on the contractual matters in setting up Sub-Contracts.
* Provide support and assistance for the preparation of tenders and negotiation of contract.
* Assist and advise the site based Quantity Surveyor on all matters concerning preparation of claims, their submission, progress and in negotiations for settlement.
* Check that the necessary contract insurances are in place and will assist in their procurement.
* Ensure through the Quantity Surveying function that all Sub-Contractors are properly insured.
* Procure Contract Bonds as and when required.
* Assist in the recruitment and training of Quantity Surveyors in conjunction with Contract Managers for their deployment on site.
* Risk management
* Financial reporting
* Budget forecasting
* Maximising cash flow
* Client liaison
* Report into the Regional Director
* Materials procurement
* Management of the supply chain
* Strong commercial awareness, ideally 5+ year's Commercial experience
* Strong legal and contractual understanding in construction law
* Excellent client liaison skills
* Project management experience is beneficial
* Good team leadership skills
* Extensive understanding and dealings within the commercial sector.
* Talent for negotiation, development experience
* Experience working for a main contractor with a building/industrial/commercial engineering background and experience with various types of contract forms
* Degree qualification in Construction Management, Surveying or Commercial Management
Benefits + Package:
* €100,000 - 130,000+ depending on experience
* Vehicle or travel allowance
* Additional Education + fees paid for
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland e.g. showing your employer a copy of your passport.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland. Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining Green Card Permits, Work Permits, Spousal/Dependent Permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website.
|Apply using your CV:|