Our client are one of Irelands leading Engineering contractors in mechanical, electrical and instrumentation expertise. They specialise in many sectors such as commercial, health and social care, manufacturing and industrial, science and technology and utilities. They have undertaken projects at data centres, power stations, pharmaceutical and food and beverage facilities and within the renewable energy industry.
Due to their continuous success, they are now in the market for an M&E Purchasing to be based in their head office in Co. Waterford.
The Purchasing Officer is responsible for the co-ordination and management of purchasing activities within his/her remit. The main objective of the role is to ensure effective purchasing and delivery of goods and services. This will be done through the establishment and rationalisation of key supplier agreements, identification of new opportunities and actively seeking and applying ways to improve efficiencies whilst at the same time, ensuring legislative compliance. Additionally the purchasing officer will be responsible for tendering processes and administration of contracts in accordance with policies, procedures and specified contract requirements.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
• Arrange the acquisition of M&E materials as per company and project request.
• Prepare and process purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Maintain and update purchasing records/data and pricing in the company purchasing system.
• Ensure all purchasing documents are correctly maintained and filed accordingly.
• Monitor and co-ordinate deliveries.
• Prepare purchasing reports as necessary.
• Source, select and negotiate the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and services with suppliers.
• Identify potential new suppliers where necessary.
• Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by your Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Qualifications / Skills Required
• A minimum 3-5 years’ experience working as an M&E Purchasing Officer or similar.
• Experience in planning, organising, prioritising and co-ordinating work in a changing environment.
• Experience in the construction industry is essential.
• An ability to demonstrate knowledge/understanding of purchasing/contracting procedures and principles.
• Customer service skills, including a high level of communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong negotiation/persuasive skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Time management skills.
• IT Skills - Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Manager to join a reputable M&E Contractor. This role would suit someone who is originally linked to Waterford and looking to secure a role there for the long-term.
To register your interest in this position, please forward your most recent cv in word doc format to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sarah in our Galway office on 091 564008 or 087 1713816 to discuss further.