Our client is one of the top Irish Main Contracting Firms working in all sectors such as Commercial, Industrial, Residential, Healthcare, Data Centres, Conservation and Education. The company seeking an experienced Project Manager to work on projects based in Dublin.
Primary Responsibilities as a Project Manager
- Ensure commercial procedures are implemented.
- Implementation of all Company safety and health and quality procedures and ensure statutory and legislative compliance.
- Prepare contract budget in conjunction with profit centre Surveyor and ensure it is kept up to date.
- Regularly monitor performance and act when necessary to improve performance.
- Ensure the project is properly planned and programmed.
- Ensure all relevant information is collated, reviewed and actioned at regular contract review meetings.
- Attend client / consultant meetings, prepare and respond to the requirements of the meeting.
- Ensure verbal instructions are confirmed in accordance with contract conditions.
- Maintain regular contact with existing clients, known consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Authorise placing of sub-contractor and supplier orders in accordance with the Limit of Authority document.
- Ensure all necessary resources are in place to meet contract programme.
- Recruitment and management of site personnel in line with Company HR Policies and procedures.
- Take overall responsibility for the project until end of defects liability period (retention release).
- Develop contract programme, establish sequence and timing of operations necessary for the completion of the work.
- Sub-contractor selection, appointment, management and agreement of final account.
- Ensure delays are properly recorded under the contract to ensure contractual entitlement.
As a Project Manager you will have
- Minimum of 6-7 years relevant experience working on medium and large scale construction projects
- Third level degree in Construction/Engineering/Economics
- A good understanding of construction methods and best practice, technologies and materials.
- A good knowledge of Measurement & Valuation
- Knowledge and projection of contractual position, contracts and documents
- A good understanding of claims
- Ability to manage more projects
- Knowledge & understanding of subcontract/ material procurement
- Knowledge of Management Systems, Standards & Specifications, Commercial & Financial Management, Safety & Health & Quality Policies and Procedures
Please send your cv to Clodagh at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-4569899 for a confidential conversation.