Job detail view & apply
Hoban House, Haddington Road,
Tel: 00-353-1-661 4711
Planner (Intermediate) - Dublin
Entered: 25 June 2017
|Since 1974 Linesight has provided professional consultancy services, management support and strategic advice to the global construction industry. From initial concept to project completion, we have been helping clients to build their business. We have developed long-lasting relationships with some of the biggest companies in the world, earning a reputation as a leader in our field.
Our organization is structured into a series of specialist service teams, each committed to helping our clients successfully achieve their objectives. We have deep domain knowledge and experience spanning a multitude of sectors including Commercial, Data Centers, Life Sciences, Healthcare, High-Tech Industrial, Hospitality, Education, Residential and Retail.
With staff located across Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the USA, our reach is truly global. Our permanent and long-established presence in these areas allows us to develop strategic partnerships, access local resources, formulate the most up-to-date market insights, and gain deep knowledge of each territory.
Primary responsibility to prepare and manage the master integrated schedule to an agreed WBS with key responsibilities for each section prepared. Major phases of the works expected to include; Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning, Start-up, including start up requirements.
Capable of working independently from a scheduling perspective but expected to participate and contribute to a Project team environment by clearly communicating the planning deliverables with analysis from conception through to successful completion and close out.
Role and Responsibilities:
• The primary role of the Planner is to provide overall planning services
• Understanding and adherence to PMO scheduling procedures and operating practices.
• Managing the project specific WBS responsibility for all project sections ensuring that responsibility and ownership of each section is clear
• Prepare and manage a fully integrated project schedule and ensure it is structured and coded to allow presentation at a range of levels and details
• Review external schedules to ensure that they are compiled to good scheduling practices
• Ensure that all partners complete Basis of Schedule documents in a comprehensive fashion. Prepare integrated Basis of Schedule document.
• Ensure all project schedule(s) are prepared to good scheduling practices conforming to
Critical Path methodology techniques and identify critical and near critical activities
• Ensure project schedules include for all scope and identifies all key milestones and timelines
• Ensure schedule adheres to the Project Execution Plan and in particular contracting, procurement and project control strategy documents and plans
• Identify conflicting concurrent activities which may impact on the overall project completion dates and key milestones
• Provide progress reporting on a weekly or monthly basis as determined by the PM and Project Controls Plan
• Ensure there is clear method in place for baselining of schedules and managing periodic update
Desired Experience and Education:
• 5 - 10 years minimum experience in planning and scheduling across a number of major industrial Projects in a heavy technical industry, e.g. Oil and Gas, Pharmaceuticals, Major Infrastructure / Commercial
• Experience in QRA software, Primavera Risk Analyser or @Risk Project Module
• Expert knowledge of Primavera planning software
• Demonstrate experience in QRA with the ability to interpret and communicate findings to Project Management and Client teams as well as Contractor partners
• Strong MS office skills
• The ideal candidate will be results driven, self-motivated and resourceful with a drive to advance in their career.
• Degree qualification in Engineering/ Quantity Surveying or recognised technical subject preferred but demonstrated equivalent experience is acceptable
Application handled on employer's site