BAM is seeking an experienced MEP Senior Mechanical Engineering Lead required to work with their team in Dublin.
Duties will be;
- Management of a large scale mechanical installation.
- The initial roles will be to take charge of the mechanical scope gap analysis for the project. Drawings and Specs will need a stringent review. A good knowledge of MEP installations in a Hospital environment is desired.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the Mechanical installation to schedule whilst ensuring the high quality beyond zero culture.
- The candidate will chair weekly engineering meetings with the Mechanical contractors design manager and design team. Keep regular minutes which will be circulated as appropriate.
- The candidate will track M&FP progress on a bi-weekly basis with a set of marked up drawings which will be kept on file and distributed to the site contracts manager and the QS team.
- The candidate will develop a Resourcing Strategy & Resourcing Plan for the project with the MEP manager.
- The candidate will aid in the development an integrated system testing and commissioning procedure with the team. For life safety systems, operational work-up tests, systems proving, integrated system testing and environmental testing.
- Ensure the Mechanical contractor develops and prepares progress matrix’s for the following deliverables:-
The Candidate will manage the BCAR requirements as set out by the assigned certifier and attend regular walkdowns with the certifier.
- Factory testing of plant and equipment
- Procurement schedule
- RFI Schedule
- Off-site testing of software from BMS/FA
- Drawing production
- Pre fabrication plan
- Production of suppler method statements
Monitor, Manage and report progress on;
Develop and manage the following in conjunction with the commissioning Manager;
- Mechanical Installation, 1st fix & 2nd fix.
- Mechanical co-ordination in the 3D environment
- Mechanical installation
- Mechanical Integration with other trades
- Coordination, design and installation of secondary steel
- Flushing and water treatment
- Balancing of mech systems to Cibse guidelines
- Arrange and attend system walk downs on completion with Independent testers.
- Handover documentation
- O&M Manuals production
- Record drawing production
- Commissioning Plan
- Commissioning Quality
- Commissioning Schedule
- Records & Preparation of O&M Manuals
- Work with contractors to develop and implement a BMS functional design testing regime
Applicant to have at least 10 years working with a mechanical sub-contractor preferably on large scale projects and at least 5 years working for a main contractor
What do we offer?
At BAM we are committed to learning and development and with our CPD accreditation from Engineers Ireland you can expect to build on your experience and skills in a supportive and challenging environment. Interested applicants should click on the application form below.
Would you like to be part of our team that continues to build a better Ireland?
All CV’s are treated in the strictest confidence.
BAM Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.