The role the Maintenance Technician - Electrical will be based within the Maintenance Department delivering a high quality maintenance service to production and the site wide facility.
- It will be essential that the Maintenance Technician has experience in food processing machinery. Some of the equipment will include, grinding, mixing/blending, forming, wrapping, bag sealing machines and conveyors.
- Strong industrial mechanical service and repair skills.
- Electro-mechanical knowledge a distinct advantage in repairing the above machinery.
- Have working knowledge/experience with a "Lock-out Tag-out" programme.
- Providing maintenance support to the manufacturing & office facility.
- Carry out installations and commissioning of plant / equipment & trouble shooting of same.
- Carry out programming and diagnostic of plant and equipment.
- Contribute to the efficiency of the operation by maximizing uptime of machinery & minimise downtime in production and utility areas.
- Carry out the execution of the preventive maintenance programs.
- Closely monitor line and machine performance.
- Troubleshooting using PLC Programs.
- All relevant information is passed to the maintenance manager in a timely and efficient manner.
- Adheres to all site policies on Quality, Health & Safety. (e.g.) clean overalls, clean work boots, hair nets, hearing protection, hand washing, LOTO etc.
- Technical support for all the plant facilities (including but not limited to compressed air & refrigeration).
- Support and participate in all Environmental, Health & Safety and Quality activities.
- Fully support the line leaders / line support i.e. Overtime, shifts cover, phone support & callout's.
- Carry out engineering work orders in a timely and safe manner while maintaining adherence to cGMP.
- Assist the health & safety team in carrying out risk assessments of new & existing machines and ensuring training is rolled out to the Maintenance Team.
- To be considered for this role, you must have at a minimum; Three years' experience in a similar maintenance role within an FMCG plant (food production environment essential).
- Experience of machine control diagnostics would be beneficial to your application, as would strong industrial mechanical service and repair skills.
- Identify & execute machine / line improvement projects
- Have experience of a wide range of Motor Control Systems, Process Temperature Controls and PLC/PC Control Systems.
- As part of the Maintenance team, you will need to work with equipment suppliers on new equipment and installations and modifications.
- Excellent awareness and experience in relation to Quality, Health and Safety.
- Demonstrated successes in a team environment with the ability to influence and bring people along.
- Provides general maintenance support as designated by supervisors/managers to include any or all of the following areas: Process equipment; HVAC equipment; Refrigeration; Packaging Equipment.
A relevant third level qualification in Engineering or time-served Electrician/Fitter with 3+ years experience in a GMP environment, preferably food processing or equivalent industry and also have a recognized apprenticeship in the electrical, electronic, mechanical or machine control diagnostics field.
Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
Strong experience with mechanical issues.
Ability to prioritize tasks & follow up on all projects and tasks
Proven track record or demonstrated ability in mechanical, electrical and electronics field.
An ability to read diagrams and troubleshoot equipment.
Flexible to work extended hours and from time to time, be on call out of hours to support emergency work and be able to work shift.
Ability to work on own initiative & multi task.
Be able to demonstrate ability to work to the required regulatory and safety standards on your own initiative, with minimum supervision within expected timescales.
Housekeeping is a critical function of all jobs and the Technician is expected to ensure all housekeeping activities are observed and carried out appropriately.