Our client, a tier 1 M&E Contractor with a turnover of over €50 million in the UK and Ireland, are looking for a Mechanical Project Engineer to join their team in the Dublin region. The successful candidate will have responsibility for management of assigned building services categories across projects. This is a permanent position, and will suit applicants with previous managerial experience or those who seek to move into a management position.
- Manage all projects through from approval to completion. Ensure the programs are met, budgets achieved and quality is maintained.
- Ensuring that technical issues are resolved without delay.
- Attend & record regular supply chain meetings to ensure that progress is monitored & maintained within the overall construction programme.
- Prepare risk assessments, method statements & all aspects relating to Health & Safety on site.
- Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure correct operation of the plant on site & successful handover.
- Monitor & record progress on site against the construction programme
- Ensure that the Health & Safety, Environmental & Quality procedures are followed & adequate records maintained.
- Work with the project manager & project teams to review & manage the project from inception to handover.
- Review & ensure that the site based personnel have the correct training & valid certification for the project.
- Motivate the team on site.
- Develop a strong & maintain an excellent working relationship from the start to the completion of the project.
- Deliver what has been promised to the client on the time safely & to the highest quality
- Degree educated in relevant field
- 5+ years experience in a similar postion
- Excellent technical knowledge of all areas of building services.
Good organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
Excellent communication skills.
Strong Microsoft Office skills and numerical ability.
Capacity to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.