Job detail view & apply
11 Merrion Square,
Tel: +353 1 690 9724
Senior H + S Officer - 60-70k
|Location: Dublin City Centre
Entered: 22 July 2018
|Salary: Up to £0.00 per annum
|Azon Recruitment have been retained by a top 5 building contractor to look after one of their main projects in the Dublin region.
This candidate must ideally have experience working on large multi million euro complex projects.
* Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System;
* Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment;
* Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health + Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health + Safety Authority;
* Delivering Health + Safety induction programmes for new employees or contractors working on site;
* Serving as Client representative at Site meetings;
* Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for client and Sub-Contractors personnel;
* Ensuring sub-contractor safety statement sand required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required;
* Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements;
* Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans
* Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping Group Safety Officer updated;
* Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated;
* Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
* Health and Safety Cert, Diploma or Degree is essential,
* With 5+ years experience.
* Previous experience managing safety on site.
* Excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills.
* Experience in the construction industry.
The company will pay a generous remuneration package for this role with genuine opportunities for career progression.
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland e.g. showing your employer a copy of your passport.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland. Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining Green Card Permits, Work Permits, Spousal/Dependent Permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website.
|Apply using your CV:|