Health and Safety Officer
Dublin / Travel within Europe
Our client are a well-established leading contractor who specialise in multiple construction services including management contracting, design & build, joint venture/partnering and turnkey contracts with experience in various projects including residential, commercial, educational, retail, leisure, health, pharmaceutical, industrial and conservation.
Due to their continuous success throughout Ireland and Europe, they are now in the market for a Health and Safety Officer to join their company on a permanent basis.
Suitable candidate will be a degree qualified Individual with a previous Health and safety position within a well-recognised contractor and will have a minimum of 1 years experience.
Ideal candidate will be based in Ireland in Ireland permanently however, candidate will be expected to travel throughout Europe on work related duties. This travel is necessary as part of the position on offer and only serious candidates should apply.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Monitor all aspects of safety and health on site for the contractor.
• Advise site management on the implementation of the company policy within the Company Safety Statement and on-going changes in the policy and Health & Safety legislation.
• Carry out weekly site inspections and document findings for the Health & Safety Manager and site based management.
• Report directly to site management on matters regarding Health & Safety on site.
• Advise site management on Health & Safety Legislation, Regulations and Directives which impose duties on Company Safety Policy.
• Coordinate the monitoring of statutory tests on plant and equipment.
• Monitor accidents/dangerous occurrences on site and provide regular reports to the Health & Safety Manager with advice on remedial action.
• Carry out site inductions of CCL employees and subcontractor employees coming to site.
• Carry out regular tool box talks and site based safety meetings.
• Liaise with the project Contracts Managers and Site Managers on matters relating to Health & Safety.
• Monitor compliance with PPE policy and on type of protective equipment/clothing required.
• Be an effective communicator
• Investigate and report all accidents to the Health & Safety Manager and site based management. Identify the cause and recommend the control measure to be implemented.
• Develop site specific method Statements, Safe System of work plans.
• Ensure the Welfare Arrangements are maintained and in good order.
• Complete and update all documentation as required for the project for which you are working on.
To register your interest in this exciting position, please forward your latest cv in word doc format to Sarah in our Galway office on firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sarah now on 091 564008 or 087 1713816 to discuss this role in further detail.