Senior HSE Advisor (Ireland)
Our client is a brand through which VINCI Energies undertakes it’s Transmission & Distribution activities. They specialise in the design, supply, installation, maintenance and commissioning of electrical infrastructures for a varied range of electricity utility companies and renewable energy developers throughout the UK and Ireland. Due to continued growth, we require a Senior HSE Advisor for our Ireland & Renewable Business Unit.
Reporting to the Ireland Business Unit General Manager, the Senior HSE Advisor will be responsible for coordinating, promoting and advising on all Safety matters, covering a range of projects, ensuring that the highest standards of operational safety are maintained at all times.
- Act as a role model in his/her approach to all safety-related matters, thereby supporting the business in developing the safety culture within the project teams.
- Participate and promote relevant Safety campaigns/initiatives.
- Carry out incident/accident investigation and Safety inspections/audits.
- Assist in the collection, monitoring and distribution of relevant Safety information and accident statistics at both internal company and external client (ESB) Safety meetings.
- Co-ordinate REACH, Calibration & Inspection databases and facilitate provision of same to project staff.
- Participate in Safety monitoring relating to the company and client Safety procedures and practices.
- Assist in training relating to the company and client Safety procedures and practices.
- Represent the company at client Safety forums, Safety meetings and other events.
- Develop and compile Construction Health Safety Plans & Site Safety File, review pre tender Safety Plans and assist with the compilation Risk Assessments, Method Statements.
- Ensure compliance with the Safety, Health, & Welfare at Work Act and Regulations including coordinating the PSCS Role for construction projects
- A sound working knowledge of all relevant ROI safety legislation, procedures and associated requirements (and their impact on day to day operational activities), gained from a safety management role within a utility / contracting environment.
- A NEBOSH general/construction certificate
- Knowledge of electrical networks and associated plant and equipment, gained from previous relevant experience.
- Experience in compiling project specific HSE plans and documentation
- Experience in managing compliance with the Safety, Health, & Welfare at Work (Construction Regulations 2013)
- Strong IT Skills with the ability to utilise Microsoft office package to deliver relevant statistical analysis and reports.
- Evidence of good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence others at both an operational and senior management level.
- Professional membership of IOSH
- Experience of interfacing with external customers to ensure our employees adhere to their safety procedures, policies, and work practices to the full satisfaction of the client company.
- A sound working knowledge in the application and monitoring of OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
- HND / Degree in a relevant discipline and / or additional safety related qualifications or membership of relevant professional body.
- A full clean driving licence
Please forward your CV to Aoife at email@example.com or call me on 01-4569899 for further information