|SSA are recruiting a Safety Officer position on behalf of a long established and respected Main Contractor.
About the company;
With a history going back more than 100 years, my client is a family-owned business and one of the top Main Contracting firms in Ireland. The company has expertise in many sectors including commercial, industrial, healthcare, education, residential and pharmaceutical.
With turnover increasing rapidly, the company is now one of the leading contractors in the country with an impressive compilation of prominent public and private sector projects nationwide.
Your main duties will include, but not be limited to;
To be successful in your application you will possess the following;
- Undertake and implement safety initiatives on sites.
- Carry out investigations of HSE incidents.
- Report on safety performance of project teams and subcontractors and make recommendations to ensure safe working conditions.
- Conduct site inductions and toolbox talks.
- Maintaining a healthy safety record and ensuring company ethos of safety is positively filtered down to all on site
- To monitor, evaluate and act upon any Health and Safety conditions injurious to Health and Safety in his/her area and promote improvement and prevention by advice, education and enforcement of appropriate legislation.
- To advise and assist the SHEQ Manager in the assessment of staff safety development and training needs.
- To assist in company health and safety audits and attend meetings when required.
- Preparation of method statements, risk assessments, update safety statement
- Monitoring and contributing to company policies.
To register your interest, please forward your CV to Sean Duggan at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, please feel free to contact me on +353 (86) 140 9795 or +353 1 513 4797.
- H&S Degree Qualification
- 2-5 years related work experience
- Proven Health & Safety record
- Experience with ISO 9001, 14001, 18001 and SafeT Cert is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in H&S Legislation, H&S Procedures in particular maintenance of company policies and procedures with a view to continually monitoring legislative updates and best practice guidelines.
- Strong communication skills.
If you are seeking a Health & Safety position but the above doesn’t match your criteria, please do not hesitate to contact me as many other exciting opportunities exist nationwide.