|Excellent opportunity for a Health and Safety Officer with previous experience in Managing Health and Safety in the Construction Industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic and growing construction company, the Health and Safety Officer will be an experienced self-starter who has the capability to maintain and improve Health and Safety Systems and help implement both 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively manage the company Safety Management systems and continually update to reflect developments within the company, industry and legislation.
- Develop and conduct audits, toolbox talks and other training activities
- Monitor legislative updates, ensuring necessary changes are applied promptly
- Regularly review and update Risk Assessments, Safer Operating Procedures, and Safety Statements, communicating any updates to Sites.
- Ensure Safety Induction Training for all new sub-contractors and their staff is undertaken by site personnel and maintain documentary evidence of same.
- Carry out Safety Audits.
- Investigate, record, and report accidents, incidents and near –misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay.
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time.
- Review sub-contractors safety statements and safety compliance.
- Attend regular Health and Safety Meetings.
Necessary Skills and Requirements:
- Degree/ Diploma in Health and Safety
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in a Similar Role.
- Must be comfortable in carry out training, Risk Assessments, Methods Statements and Safety and Health Plans and other Health and Safety Reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with emphasis on ability to provide and explain reports accurately.
- Excellent IT Skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Up to date with Legislation, Guidance, Advice and Compliance.