Job detail view & apply
|Horse Racing Ireland
The Curragh, Co. Kildare
Tel: 045 455455
Health & Safety Officer
|Location: The Curragh
Entered: 22 July 2018
|Horse Racing Ireland (HRI) is a commercial semi-state body whose mission is to develop and promote Ireland as a world centre of excellence for horse racing and breeding.
Horse Racing Ireland (HRI) is currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Officer.
This role will be responsible for maintaining the health and safety standards for HRI and subsidiaries, in compliance with legal requirements, assisting particularly HRIs Racecourse Division in maintaining their obligations in terms of operations and public safety.
• Work with HRI Head Office, Tote, ITM and HRIs Racecourse Division, to maintain and update all relevant documentation including health and safety statements, risk assessments, training records and standard operating procedures
• Provide advice on Health and Safety related issues to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and best practice • Organise required training and maintain records
• Maintain comprehensive records of all safety training, inspections, accidents and related documentation
• Lead the Health and Safety Committee providing ongoing training and consultation to safety representatives on their roles and responsibilities
• Attend all Health and Safety meetings to ensure that each department and racecourse is fulfilling their specific duties on an ongoing basis, particularly in relation to routine inspections, accident investigation and corrective action
• Participate (with managers and relevant training providers) in the delivery of effective Health and Safety induction of newly recruited employees
• Enable and encourage line managers and staff to take ownership of best health and safety practice
The Person should have: Previous experience in a similar role with a relevant qualification. The ability to generate documentation with exceptional attention to detail with excellent interpersonal and communication skills in terms of the written and the spoken word. Confidence to arrive at independent decisions. Capable of sustaining good routines and following through on agreed actions. A strong degree of flexibility is required with regular attendance at racemeetings over weekends, evenings and bank holidays.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your curriculum vitae outlining how you meet the requirements of the role, no later than close of business Wednesday 11th July 2018
|Apply using your CV:|