A company that focuses on prestigious, high valueconstruction projects is recruiting an M and EEstimator for a role in Dublin.This market leading company has built that position through a highly skilledworkforce and excellence in their processes. Evidence of their success can beseen in awards in safety and quality management while they have also beenrecognised in a prestigious 1,000 Companies to Inspire report.
You will join a team that is passionate about whatthey do and committed to sharing knowledge and ideas to ensure outstandingresults.
This company greatly values their people and assuch, actively fosters a culture of personal development. Many of their topmanagers and directors were appointed through internal promotion and in thiscompany, you will have the opportunity to avail of comprehensive training anddevelopment.
- This role reports intothe Estimation Manager and the purpose of the role is to supportthe Estimating & Design Department in the preparation of Cleanroom Design& Build tenders to include architectural, mechanical and electrical foradjudication by management.
- Developmentand implementation of a multi-discipline approach to architectural, mechanicaland electrical tendering process including acknowledging, checking, analysingof incoming tender documentation, including specifications and drawings.
- Carry outsite visits and surveys
- Selectionof appropriate subcontract and material suppliers.
- Generationof estimation documentation.
- Liaisewith subcontractors / vendors and dealing with queries, RFIs, etc.
- Liaisewith Client/Design Team during tender process and arrange meetings as required.Identify scope for design alternatives and value engineering, discussing with appropriatebid team members
- Ensureimplementation of company Technical Procedures with respect to Design Buildactivities.
- Appraisesub-contractor/supplier quotations.
- Developrelationships with customers, end user clients and supply chain partnerships.
- Highlightany areas of concern / risk in cost proposal.
- Attendpost tender negotiations with Client.
- Knowledgegeneration in building services including statutory and regulatorydevelopments.
- Focus ontechnical innovation and value creation in assigned projects.
- Prepareinformation packages for handover to construction team, if successful.
- Attendhandover meeting and brief team on tender bid.
- Undertakeproject debrief, eliciting feedback from sites, to improve construction.
- 3rd levelqualification in related discipline such as Building Services, Mechanical,Electrical or Quantity Surveying (Mechanical and Electrical Experience)
- 3 or 4 years’experience in the Construction industry
- Previousestimation experience