Our client are looking for a Precast Concrete Estimator to join their multi-disciplined team within our Tunnels and Shafts business. This is a full-time permanent position. As a member of the Estimating department you will be working closely with the sales, contracts, engineering and the production teams. The role predominantly involves the scoping, quantification and pricing a range of Tunnel associated solutions.
Duties & Responsbilities;
The main areas of responsibility will be:
- Scoping projects (with support from the engineering teams), ensuring we are offering the best solution for the client.
- Quantification from architectural and engineers drawings.
- Costing Labour, Plant and Materials.
- Liaising with external contractors and suppliers.
- Value engineering, liaising with internal departments, architects, engineers and clients.
- Produce / follow up quotations.
- Flexible role to work in other estimating departments where required at FP McCann office locations.
- Ensure that work areas are maintained in a clean and tidy state.
- Ensure compliance with the Company's policies including Health & Safety.
- Observe and comply with all good working practices.
Knowledge, Work Skills, General Attributes, Experience, Education & Qualificatons;
- Experience within the precast concrete industry, pricing precast products.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be self motivated to arrange daily diary and work as part of a team without constant supervision.
- The ability to recognise other opportunities for the business, communicating effectively with other parts of the business to maximise our offer to the client.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure - ability to manage multiple tenders
- Good ICT skills, proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word (Auto CAD desirable, not essential).
- Excellent written and verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Good time management skills
- Show good initiative and enthusiasm.
- Be highly motivated.
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy
- Ability to treat issues with sensitivity and confidentiality
- Hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Qualification in Construction related topic
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward an up-to-date CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com. Alternatively please call Stephen on 0208 861 7847 for a brief discussion.