Our client requires an Estimator to join them on a permanent basis in their Galway office. This role would be ideal for someone who has roughly 3-5 years’ experience in an Estimating role. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Senior Estimator and must have strong negotiation skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and deliver estimates which reflect current market conditions, whilst adhering to stringent deadlines.
• Liaise with suppliers and collect quotes on materials.
• Schedule time-frame for required labour, equipment, and materials, and sub-contractual arrangements.
• Track actual costs against the estimate and identify possible improvements to processes.
• To work within the tender team to maximise all opportunities to achieve the best net cost estimate.
• Gathering and sourcing pre-project information
• Work in the tender team giving financial input for all programme, temporary works and other associated issues
• Strong opportunity for career development.
• Degree qualification within Construction
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in estimating / quantity surveying within Build / Main Contractor Environment
• Strong knowledge and experience in tender preparation and submission.
• Excellent IT skills required, experience of On Screen Digital Take off and Estimating Software an advantage.
• Strong commercial awareness with the ability to interpret contract documents from a commercial perspective.
• A positive ''can do'' approach, determined to succeed, generates a sense of energy and urgency.
• Builds and maintains excellent relationships.
• Acceptance of responsibility and accountability.
• An exemplar for company values with sound balanced judgement
• Demanding of self and others.
• Recognises own strengths and weaknesses and committed to personal improvement.
Please send your cv to Aoife at email@example.com or call us on 01-4569899