M&E services Coordinator | Wexford and Southern region | Permanent
Our client is a building contracting company. They make sure that their projects are completed the utmost efficiency while meeting the expectations of their customers. They are currently seeking a Quality Control Manager to join their growing team. They are currently seeking a M&E Coordinator on permanent basis to cover their southern sites. this is a permanent position with an excellent starting salary on offer.
The M&E Services Coordinator will manage and administer the delivery of the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire protection works undertaken by either by own teams or package sub contractors, in terms of proactively managing the key project content, coordination, and mile stones including, planning, engineering, construction, commissioning and handover under limited supervision. Problem resolution, in advance of impact on the works and interface with other departments in the Construction Management Team.
As a M&E Services Coordinator you will
- To interface with a multi discipline project team, to advise the team and fully integrate and coordinate the MEP works into the overall construction process.
- To manage and lead the MEP works team and sub contractors acting as the facilitator between the contractors' project team and the sub-contract works and the sub-contract works and the contractors' project team.
- Interface with the client in all aspects of the MEP works.
- To advise, organize and monitor all phases of the sub contract works, including, planning, engineering, construction, commissioning and handover.
- Ensure that the sub contract works are constructed in accordance with the contract documents including drawings and specifications.
- In conjunction with the commercial team manage the commercial and financial issues to maximize the contractors return from the sub contract works.
- Ensure that the sub contract works are undertaken in accordance with the project safety plan.
- Ensure the sub contract works are undertaken in accordance with the project quality plan
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day management of the sub contract works.
- Coordinate the sub contract packages with the main contract works and other sub contractors.
- Instigate the planning of the sub contract works and review of progress against targets set.
- Establish the project construction methodology with the sub contractor and the contractor's project team.
- Monitor the value engineering, design, sub-sub contractor and material selection to ensure they meet the requirements of the contract.
- Monitor that drawings are prepared by the sub contractor are fully coordinated with the civil, architectural and other sub contract works and meet the programme and contract requirements.
- Coordinate the sub contract builders work drawings with the structural and architectural drawings.
- Ensure that the works are installed in accordance with the drawings, specifications and other requirements of the contract.
- Ensure instructions are received from the client for additional works, instructions issued to the sub contractor and the value agreed between the sub contractor, contractor and client.
- Monitor progress of all aspects of the work to ensure completion on time. Notify the project team, client and sub contractor of any delays to the works.
- Ensure the sub contractor makes regular applications for payment and payments are made in accordance with the sub contract.
- Meet regularly with the sub contractors, client and professional team at site and social events to develop close business relationships.
- Review designs issued by the professional team to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Interface with government departments and utility companies.
- Regular and concise reporting of the status of the sub contract works.
- Implement a project specific quality assurance plan at each stage of the project.
- Ensure that the works are undertaken in a safe manner utilizing the project specific safety plan.
As an M&E Services Coordinator you will have
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering