Building Services Engineer - Galway
Our client has an immediate opening for an experienced Building Services Engineer for a 6 month contract duration; the candidate we are seeking should have the following attributes and experience;
The Engineer would report to the Head of Building Services, Utilities & Energy and will be primarily based on the main site and also in other locations outside Galway:
Candidates should hold a clean driving licence, a valid Safepass card and be fully up to date with National EH&S regulations.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience and Skillsets required for this post:
- Qualification; Minimum of a Level 8, Honours Degree in Building Services Engineering, Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a large or complex organisation managing a team of 6 people or more delivering similar services and projects.
- Direct the daily workflow, work requests and maintenance requests as received from our maintenance request systems. This includes all formal and informal SLAs that our unit/section enters into with our customers.
- Organise the routine service, maintenance, repairs, tests and calibrations on all items of mechanical and electrical plant (Preventive Maintenance systems).
- Perform the duties of a Project Manager (PM), where assigned, on relevant projects and ensure all work is carried out to the highest professional, technical and safety standards possible.
- Review and snag M&E building services in relevant Capital and Minor Works programs.
- Deputise for the Head of Building Services, Utilities & Energy as required,
- Attend all EHS training programs as may be required by current and future Statutory Law or by University policy,
- Maintain appropriate maintenance records and documentation for all Estates engineering facilities.
- Ensure business continuity in respect of essential mechanical and electrical services and controls.
- Proven Experience of Government procurement and OGP procurement is an advantage.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills;
- Experience of managing and developing a team of staff including formal performance management systems
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in service delivery and a strong quality and customer service focus.
- An ability to manage a team in emergency situations.
- Well-developed IT skills including a strong working knowledge of MS Office, Autodesk products, Revit /BIM modelling.
Please send your CV to Aoife on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01-4569899