Design Office Manager (modular building company)
Entered: 22 Sept 2018
Role: Design Office Manager
Location: Bedford, UK
Salary: £50k - £60k
Our client is a leading specialist in high and low rise modular building in the UK.
Due to a surge in current demand they now require a Design Office Manager to:
- Liaise with both external and internal clients that the correct information has arrived on time for Manufacture
- Liaise with all areas of production so that there is no issue to site when erection takes place
- Ensure CAD drawings are correct and meet the required dimensions for purpose.
- Ensure all drawings are printed and ready for production
- Redraft CAD drawings are controlled and meet QC system
- Provide support to estimators for pricing & budgets
- Ensure all Building Control regulations and any other legislative requirements are adhered
- Liaising closely with other professional and in-house project teams to co-ordinate design for production
- Attend a range of project group and technical meetings
- Advising clients on different options to suit manufacture and material procurement
- Procurement support
- Keeping up to date on applicable UK and European legislation
- Ensuring the highest quality of the end product
- Oversee projects from Manufacture to site erection
- Previous experience on £40millon+ project, mainly within the high rise accommodation, hotel or student accommodation.
- Complete understanding of all aspects of trades within construction
- Communicate clearly with, site erectors, engineers, designers, CAD technicians, estimators.
- AutoCAD proficiency
- Qualification in civil or structural engineering
- Experience in modular building would be of advantage
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the most respected modular building specialists in the UK.
If interested please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org