Our client are a family owned company that displays the energy and commitment you would expect from a business that has a rapidly growing portfolio of clients.
They act as both principal contractor and specialist marine subcontractor on substantial projects in the UK, Ireland and internationally. Their team is highly knowledgeable, hugely experienced and totally committed - enabling them to deliver all projects to world-class standards.
The ideal candidate must be an experienced, motivated and versatile individual who can adopt a flexible approach to the role. Excellent terms and conditions are on offer.
This role would suit someone with experience of managing projects within the marine/heavy civil sector, with good knowledge of the NEC Contract. You should also have excellent communication, people and team management skills, with the ability to influence, motivate and mentor.
- Supporting port operations with structural assessments for mobile crane operations, abnormal load assessments and structural advice on cargo storage.
- Preliminary design and assessments for feasibility studies of proposed developments.
- Assisting asset management of existing structures with structural/civil engineering expertise.
- Management of the engineering department's Project Technicians ensuring engineering works are carried out in accordance with health and safety legislation, to best practice and in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Overcoming both day-to-day engineering problems and developing long term solutions for a variety of engineering applications in line with operational and budgetary constraints.
- Identify and prepare cost estimates for both present and future engineering works as necessary followed by the management of capital expenditure budgets.
- Produce tender documentation and undertake the contract administration for engineering works in line with company policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership for the engineering staff encouraging professional development and skills training and advising line managers on general staffing matters.
- Maintain pace with all safety regulations and new technical innovations in order to provide advice and support to line managers.
- Contribute to work planning to ensure the most efficient use is made of the resources available to carry out engineering works.
- Regularly audit both engineering staff and contractors to ensure that they are working in accordance with agreed safety guidelines.
- Meet with port users and potential customers to discuss engineering matters and or other items of common interest.
- Be responsible for the ongoing management, development and training of team members. Undertake appraisals and ensure team members have sufficient knowledge to be able to carry out their duties independently on a day-to-day basis.
- Marine, Piling or Earthworks experience highly desireable
- Must be able to work in a team and equally as an individual using his/her own initiative.
- Computer literate. (Microsoft Project / Word / Excel etc.)
Competitive Salary & Benefits. Benefits include Accommodation, Travel and Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) while working away.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE