Overall responsibility for all engineering activities both on and off site for the business unit, including the day to day management of all engineering activities and the appointment of suitable resource to satisfactorily complete those works.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Implement and promote the Better Engineered strategic objective within the business unit,
• Lead and drive engineering initiatives within the business unit,
• Promote and lead engineering innovation and BIM solutions to our clients,
• Manage and actively pursue performance improvement of the engineering capability and function, assisting in establishing and implementing best practice policies and procedures for the function,
• Promote the function internally and externally,
• Take a proactive role in the management of careers and the learning & development of all engineering staff, including carrying out personal development reviews,
• Work closely with Institution of Engineers Ireland and manage the chartership programme in conjunction with the learning & development team,
• Support the business unit in work winning as the technical leader in bids, with the application of engineering and design management,
• Provide guidance and support to projects to contribute a clear view for delivering design management and engineering,
• Manage the consultant supply chain framework and drive the performance and relationship management of the consultant community,
• Keep management informed of business area activity and progress achieved,
• Manage the allocation of engineering resources to support the business,
• Manage the recruitment of engineers and design managers to support the business requirements,
• Engage with universities and support the annual graduate recruitment,
• Ensure Quality benchmarks are maintained at a high standard, establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the HSQE department.
Qualifications / Training:
• Relevant competency skills cards.
• B. Eng or higher from a Tier 1 University.
• Member of a professional engineering institution
Skills / Expertise Include:
• 10 years relevant management experience in the civil, mechanical, electrical or process engineering industry
• Heavy Civil Engineering, Water and Waste Water Treatment Plants – Desirable, not essential
• Ability to use own initiative
• Knowledge of project management process gained through successful experience of contract management.
• Ability to prioritise objectives and capable of completing work to deadlines
• Interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, and the integrity to develop trust and respect
• A collaborative team player, that empowers others and attracts followers
• Leadership with the emotional intelligence to continually improve and develop and help others advance
To register your interest in this position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sarah on 091 564008.